Monday, February 25, 2008

Random Musings

An interesting example of how one can put his foot in his mouth and then shoot it:

Michael: Okay, probably going to go late tonight, burning the midnight tequila. So, I think you all could just take off now.
Jan: Michael, this shouldn't take more than an hour.

J: Do you always shut down the entire office when you leave for an hour?

M: No, no. that would not be efficient.
[back-pedaling here]

M: Actually, they just don't get very much work done here when I'm not here.
[attempt to reason poor judgement]

M: That's not true, I know how to delegate.
[realising lack of leadership in previous sentence]

M: And they do more work when I'm not here.
[total incompetent managerial skills, or suggesting that he impedes productivity (which he does)]

M: Not more.
[more back-pedaling]

M: The same amount of work is done, whether I'm here or not.
[now we know his true value]

Excerpt from Episode 7 of Season 7 of The Office (US TV Series).

No comments: